Monday, February 04, 2008

Bikini World !!!

How is bikini pronounced? Bi..kee..nee with stress on the second and third syllables, making the word an elongated one on voice. Why am I asking this? Surprisingly, it has got something to do with cricket. During India-Aus test cricket commentary on Star Cricket channel, Ian Chappell brought out this word, which drew my attention not only for its obvious young-mind appeal, but also for the incongruity of its usage. May be it wasn't out of place, as they need to tell a few things sometimes to spice up the dull cricket.

A few days later, I read an article on Cricinfo where a celebrated journalist mentioned about the attractiveness of the bikini-clad damsels which was an additional, if not prime, factor towards watching the matches in Australia on Channel 9 during mid-eighties. How sweet....? And here I am in the same league, not with above cricket-related perversions, but with an equally sensual fascination towards those wonderful set of clothes, if ever that was not a misnomer.

By fortuity, I had got a chance to come to Cyprus. Before departure from India, my vivid mind had drawn so-many pictures of those variegated fabric scantily hiding the curvy bosom and derriere. I had searched enough to know the abundance of it in the land. Upon arrival, one of the most lasting images will remain of the exclamation erupted in unison by my fellow mates on seeing a bevy of girls in skimpy bikinis, from the bus. They foresaw a titillating experience on this wonderful island.

Heads swerved to the sea-side of the road while travelling on bus to the office. The first destination to visit was Aiya Napa as the folklore of revelling bootylicious misses kept buzzing in our heads beforehand. Beaches were attacked in pursuit of the unknown eye-soothing booty of beauty. It all passed off as a juvenile indiscretion of a soaking-yet-jejune mind.

But as happens with all the things in the cosmos, surfeit invariably brought an unwanted tedium to it. What was enticing became a normal view, and so normal that last year, I didn't visit the beaches more than once or twice to behold the bombinating life out there. Distance was surely a factor, but indifference added more to it.

Life does tend to come a full circle though. Now with ennui setting in my other day-to-day and office lives, the hitherto boring world of beaches beckons me more strongly now. Cometh summer, I have decided to be at my voyeuristic best to relive those moments. There aren't any livening moments than those. Only thing I wish this time is for them to never wither away.

2 comments:

SmeaGollum said...

Join Limassol Sports Club. U dont have to wait for the summer :)

Anonymous said...

hi wats up