Tuesday, September 20, 2005

How to unravel???

When u get bogged down n r held inextricably by something intangible, how do u get out? My biggest search till date has been this only, when I find myself fettered to such extent that it starts hampering my other life processes. May be here this is circumlocution but it's true of my life. Hopefully someday I will be able to unravel this aspect of my life.

Haan continuing to my other poetry, here is another simple one :-

God came in my dreams

One day God came in my dreams
He asked,
My dear, what is your demand?
"Nothing more than a swish of your wand,
Which will relieve me of my sorrows,
Angst and anguish, pain and pangs,
Due to which my life hangs,
Caught in a vortex of tension.
Please, I continued my harangue,
Get rid of these emotions.
I wish living sans any fear
Mind free and heart full of cheer."

'Amen', God said,"but beware,
Nobody has wished this ever."

I woke up late in the morning
Pleased and fully relieved,
Nearby, there was a furore,
We all had a bad grade in our course,
The boys looked swooped,
But, hey, I was unmoved
Oh, seemingly free from emotions
I went for the lunch.

"Delicious curry and palak to partake,
What a good way to start the day."
But!!! curry wasn't delicious,
Though for others, it had tasted good
Oh God, what had happened to the food
Neither was the dessert sweet
Nor did water taste like water.

I came out of the mess,
Thinking it a part of the deal
At least now my sorrows were concealed
In the afternoon,
I went to the class
She was standing on the grass
With a smile on her face
But!!! It didn't give my heart a race
I had lost my love,
Now rendered to just a dove

Roses were red, but what
Red meant to me
Nothing more than a colour to see

The whole day passed like that
Driving me wild and filled with wrath.
I slept, hoping to see God again.
He came, and asked,
"Hey dear, what do you wish?"
"Please God please, take back this,
I can't bear it more.
Now I know,
Why roses and thorns alongside grow.
I beheld,
Life without emotions, so
Murky and morose. Oh God!
Please restore the old."

'Amen', in the end, he quipped,
With a flicker of smile on His lips.

No comments: